* During COVID-19, we are currently holding in-person sessions for all groups. APUNSC is committed to facilitating a safe training environment during the COVID-19 pandemic. We comply with all local, state and federal guidelines and mandates. Should we be unable to meet in-person safely, we will maintain regular communication and use Zoom meetings, video tutorials, and online training plans to keep our athletes active. For a full list of COVID operating procedures and current info for our groups please feel free to contact Coach Galen Johnston.
The APU Master Program is a community based cross-country ski program that offers group-training sessions. The goal of the program is to help develop cross-country ski skills, improve fitness, and promote skiing in the community.
There are three options: Noon Masters, Evening Masters, and a Flex Option. The Noon Masters meet from 12:15 to 1:45 PM, the Evening Masters meet from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm, and if you choose the Flex Option, you have the option to attend the Noon or Evening Masters as it best fits your schedule. All groups are coed. Sessions are scheduled Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
The group training focus is on technique and ski fitness. Summer training includes roller skiing, running, ski imitation, biking, and strength. Sessions are designed to fit the training group. In the winter ski sessions alternate between classic and skate. Strength training is an important component in Master training. One strength session is scheduled every week in summer and winter.
One of the best parts of the Master program is that it provides a group to ski and train with all season. It is a great environment to learn about technique, waxing, and training. As a part of the Master program, take part in wax clinics, community races, spring crust skis, and club ski selection-fitting night. Race support offered for Anchorage Cup and local Marathon races.
If you are skiing for fitness, just getting started or a seasoned racer, the APU Master program offers great training and a lot of fun!
Program Options 2020-21
Year Round (April 27 to April 10)
The year round program includes all sessions, including Summer, Fall, and Winter.
- Noon Masters or Evening Masters.....$1710
- Flex Option.....$1935
Summer (April 27 to September 5)
- Noon Masters or Evening Masters.....$765
- Flex Option.....$850
Fall (September 7 to October 24)
- Noon Masters or Evening Masters.....$385
- Flex Option.....$410
Winter (October 26 to April 10)
- Noon Masters or Evening Masters.....$1220
- Flex Option.....$1395
Additional details and registration policies
- Registration Payments and Waivers All registration is online and required before attending the first session.
- Family Discount After purchasing two year round memberships, all additional memberships are half price. Please email coaches to get a registration coupon, Contact
- Payment Plans are available for year round memberships. The payment can be split into two payments, the first half is due before the first day of practice and the second half due October 1. To enroll, choose the year round payment plan option when registering.
- Helmets are required at all roller ski sessions.
- **One Week Trial Membership If you would like to check out our program, we offer a one week trial membership for new members. Trial registration is required before attending, click on the link to register Master Trial Registration.
We look forward to your participation in our program!
*For questions about Master Program, please contact Galen Johnston