APU Devos is an early development program for cross-country ski racing for athletes 6th-8th grade. The goal of the Devo program is to develop cross-country ski racing skills, promote general fitness, and create a love of the sport to last a lifetime.
During this phase in development, training should be broad base and include multiple sporting activities. During the summer, we promote ski training with a variety of activity, including running, hiking, roller skiing, ski imitation, and mountain biking. In winter all session are skiing, including classic and skate. We encourage athletes to participate in Besh Cups, Middle School skiing, cross-country running, and track.
Training is typically located at Hillside, APU, and Kincaid. Athletes will also take special training sessions to run in the mountains or ski other trails. Training sessions are typically 2-4 days a week.
APU has a strong tradition in Nordic skiing producing some of the best skiers in the US and the world, including overall World Cup Sprint Champion and former APU junior, Kikkan Randall. The Devo program is a great first step and it is a whole lot of fun!
Program Options 2018-2019
Year Round (May 2 to April 11).....$1895
The year round program includes Summer, Fall, and Winter sessions.
Summer (May 2 to August 18).....$850
Team training is four sessions per week, Monday through Thursday. During the ASD school year, sessions are at 5:00 PM to 6:15 PM. During ASD summer break (5/24 to 8/19), sessions will be at 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM.
Fall (August 20 to October 11).....$420
Team training is two to four sessions per week, Monday through Thursday. 5:00 PM to 6:15PM.
Winter (October 15 to April 11).....$1125
Team training is two to four sessions per week, Monday though Thursday. 5:00 PM to 6:15 PM.
Additional details and registration policies
- Registration Payments and Waivers All registration is online and required before attending the first session.
- Besh Cup Race Support is included in the Year Round and Winter membership fees.
- Family Discount After purchasing two year round memberships, all additional memberships are half price. Please email coaches to get a registration coupon, Contact
- Payment Plans are available for year round memberships. The payment can be split into two payments, the first half is due before the first day of practice and the second half due October 1. To enroll, choose the year round payment plan option when registering.
- One Week Trial Membership If you would like to check out our program, we offer a one week trial membership for new members. Trial registration is required before attending, click on the link to register Devo Trial Registration.
- Helmets are required at all roller ski sessions.