The APU Junior Program is a High School age development program for cross-country ski racing. The goal of the junior program is to develop cross-country ski racing skills with an emphasis on “training to race”, athlete education, and above all, share a passion for cross-country skiing.
During the junior development phase, training transitions from broad base activity to specific ski training. Sessions are 3-6 times per week. Activities include skate and classic skiing, running, ski imitation, classic and skate roller skiing, and strength. Training will be balanced between intervals, distance, speed, technique, and strength.
Training is typically located at Hillside, APU, and Kincaid. Athletes will also take special training sessions to run in the mountains or ski other trails. APU facilities include strength room, team room for video analysis, wax room, and summer skiing opportunities on Thomas Training Center located on Eagle Glacier.
APU has a strong tradition in Nordic skiing producing some of the best skiers in the US and the world, including overall World Cup Sprint Champion and former APU junior, Kikkan Randall. The junior program is a great stepping-stone, a good challenge, and a lot of fun!
Program Options 2018-2019
Year Round (May 2 to April 13).....$2030
Recommended for athletes racing High School, Besh Cups, Junior Nationals, and Jr World Championships. The year round program includes Spring, Summer, Fall, Fall Transition, and Winter sessions.
Spring (May 2 to May 26).....$185
Team training five sessions per week, Monday through Friday from 3:30 PM to 5:15 PM.
Summer (May 29 to August 18).....$835
Team training five to six sessions per week, Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
Fall (August 20 to September 30).....$420
Team training a few times per week in coordination with HS XC running schedule. Weekend session day and time to be announced.
Fall Transition (October 1 to October 27).....$420
Team training five sessions per week, Monday through Friday from 3:15 PM to 5:15 PM.
Winter (October 29 to April 13).....$1015
Practices are planned in coordination with ASD schedule.
Additional details and registration policies
- Registration Payments and Waivers All registration is online and required before attending the first session.
- Besh Cup Race Support is included in the Year Round and Winter membership fees.
- Performance Discount Junior National performance incentive 25% discount for top three individual finish and 10% discount for top ten individual finish. Discount is for year round program registration. Please email coaches to get a registration coupon Contact
- Family Discount After purchasing two year round memberships, all additional memberships are half price. Please email coaches to get a registration coupon Contact
- Payment Plans are available for year round memberships. The payment can be split into two payments, the first half is due before the first day of practice and the second half due October 1. To enroll, choose the year round payment plan option when registering.
- One Week Trial Membership If you would like to check out our program, we offer a one week trial membership for new members. Trial registration is required before attending, click on the link to register Junior Trial Registration.
- Helmets are required at all roller ski sessions.