The Crosscut Mountain Sports Center is now welcoming applications for an assistant coach.
The purpose of this position is to assist current coaching staff in the workload associated with
running an Elite Team with high-performing cross country, biathlon, and adaptive nordic
athletes, while managing overall program responsibilities.
Crosscut Mountain Sports Center is a community non-profit dedicated to conserving the 500+
acres adjacent to Bridger Bowl Ski Area as a year-round recreation, sports training and
educational facility for all ages and abilities. In 2019-2020, Crosscut ran nordic programming for
over 60 local athletes, received 12 invitations for international competitions, and reached over
21,000 guest visits.
This position has the potential to be flexible based on the applicant’s experience and interests.
The coach will assist with running weekly programming in Bozeman, Covid dependent travel,
and have the opportunity to explore personal coaching interests.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Athlete-centered coaching style
- Calm under pressure
- Waxing, biathlon experience preferred
- Values alignment
- Collegiate or higher level racing experience
- Ability to work well in groups*
- Experience working with adaptive athletes
- Proficiency with ski and/or shooting technique
- Strong foundational knowledge of training and physiological principles
- Comfortable with travel logistics
- Part-time hourly position
- Competitive pay based on experience
As an equal-opportunity employer, Crosscut Mountain Sports Center is committed to being inclusive in our hiring practices. Crosscut does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or age.
Applicants will be selected by a hiring committee. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.