The Women’s Group program is for women who want to improve their fitness and skiing technique in a community-based group setting. We have a talented and professional team of coaches who work with smaller groups of women based on skill and fitness level. The Group has been open for all ages and abilities who want to join a motivational fitness group (emphasizing fun!) and a wonderful, supportive group of women to be outdoors with!
The group meets one evening (Tuesdays or Thursdays) per week, 6:30-8:00 PM.
Summer sessions include a variety of fitness opportunities including hiking, trail running, and biking!
Winter sessions use both classic and skate ski techniques with goals of improving base fitness, learning about technique, waxing, and training whether you are a recreational skier or looking to participate in community races.
For anyone who is completely new to skiing, please send a note to the coaches to ensure the group will be a good fit.
Summer (June 7 – August 9) …….. $185
Winter 1 (November 1 – December 13) …….. $140
Winter 2 (December 27 – February 28) …….. $190
Both Winter 1 & 2 Sessions …….. $320
Any 10 Winter Practices …….. $245
- Hilltop Ski Area (map link) – Meet at the far end of the inner parking area at the Nordic Ski Trailhead.
- Kincaid Park (map link) – Dryland Activity: Meet at the ‘soccer ball’ patio along the paved path near the chalet. On Snow: Meet on the north side of the lower parking lot.
- Glen Alps (map link) – Meet at the main trailhead.
- Prospect Heights (map link) – Meet at the main trailhead.
- Upper Huffman (map link) – Meet at the main trailhead.
- Rabbit Lake Trailhead (map link) – Meet at the main trailhead.
- Anchorage Cup Races organized by NSAA
- Race to the Outhouse by Mat-Su Ski Club
- Tour of Anchorage by NSAA
- Oosik Classic by Denali Nordic
- Homer Ski Marathon by Kachemak Nordic
- Sonot Kkazzoot by Fairbanks Nordic Ski Club
- Basic Fitness/Skill – We welcome all ability levels but some prior ski skill is encouraged. Those considering joining should be able to safely navigate beginner level trails of the Anchorage trail systems. Participants should be able to run/walk or ski for 15-30 minutes without stopping and be able to move for over 90 minutes with short breaks.
- Health – Participants must be healthy to participate in practice. Communicate with the Coach any existing injuries or health concerns that may be affected by participating in our practice activities.
- Readiness – Participants are expected to arrive in time to receive important instructions given at the beginning of each practice, and with appropriate gear.
REGISTER ONLINE NOW
One-Week Trial Membership
If you want to check out the program before signing up, we offer a complimentary one-week trial membership for new members.
One Week Trial Registration »