- Devo's: 4:00 PM
- Juniors: 2:00 PM for 3:30 training and 4:00 PM for 5:15 training
- Noon Masters: 11:00 AM
- Evening Masters: 5:00 PM
- Women's One-Day: 5:00 PM
- Elite: 7:30 AM and 3:00 PM
- Devo's: Training will be held at temperatures 5F and above. Below 5F training is cancelled.
- Juniors: Training will be held at temperatures 0F and above. Between 0F and 5F training is low intensity at L1. Below 0F training is cancelled.
- Master's and Elite: Group training will be held at temperatures 0F and above. Between 0F and 5F training is within intensity L1 to L3. Below 0F official training is cancelled. From 0 to - 6F training easy distance L1 and 'on own'. The policy is designed to encourage safe and enjoyable ski training.
- Layer clothing. Always better to bring a little more than less. Extra jackets can always be stashed at intersections.
- Always wear a hat.
- Buffs, neck warmers, and balaclava work great.
- Remove exposed jewelry, especially earrings.
- Ski overboots help keep the feet warm.
As aerobic athletes, we breathe a lot. We may be more sensitive and potential harmful effects of poor quality can be magnified. It's important that we consider the air quality before training. If air pollutants such as forest fire smoke degrade air quality, practices may be adjusted.
Alaska’s DEC Division of Air Quality monitors air quality in Anchorage – (http://dec.alaska.gov/Applications/Air/airtoolsweb/Aq/), however, pollutants may be localized away from these monitoring stations.
If air quality is "Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups" at the Garden (Airport Heights) or Laurel (Midtown) sites and air quality is believed to be similar or worse at training locations, practices will be moved or canceled to avoid training in that air. The basis for that is we are sensitive when we are training at elevated respiratory levels.
If air quality is "Good" or "Moderate" at the Garden or Laurel sites, the Coaches will still use their best judgment to perhaps relocate or cancel practice. If air pollutants are significant enough to cause adverse affects (e.g. sore throat, coughing, etc.) when training, practice will be relocated to a better air quality location or cancelled.
If possible, forewarning of possible changes will be announced 24 hours before affected practices that will including a final announcement time to check in at. Final relocation or cancellations will be announced at least two hours before scheduled practice.