Cheer on our APU skiers as they race Mount Marathon!
Join the community of Seward for the 94th running of the Mount Marathon Race on Monday, July 4, 2022.
The men’s and women’s courses are a grueling 1.5-mile climb up, and back down, Alaska’s majestic and treacherous Mount Marathon. Runners from around the world join Alaskans in pursuit of a common goal: to safely complete this iconic footrace, whether on the podium or in the pack.
Mount Marathon awaits you, and future generations of bold mountain runners. It’s a thrill for both runners and spectators!
July 4, Monday – Mount Marathon – Seward
- Description: The oldest mountain race in the U.S. (2022 marks the 94rd running). Starts in downtown Seward, goes UP AND DOWN a steep 3,000-foot mountain and is about 3 miles long. Juniors go halfway. Time cutoff for official result is 2:30 for adults and 1:30 for juniors.
- Race times: Juniors – 9 a.m.; Men – 11 a.m.; Women – 2 p.m.
- Entry: $85 adults/$35 juniors
- Registration and Website: Priority and lottery registration open March 1-31 at www.mountmarathon.com; race capped at 375 men, 375 women and 300 juniors.
- Information: Matias Saari, firstname.lastname@example.org